Monday, August 16, 2010

Introduction


Most of my summers are long and lazy, when little gets accomplished and little change is achieved. Although I start every vacation with a mental list of "summer resolutions" which I plan on fulfilling to make me a better person or make my time worthwhile, I rarely ever devote a single day to the work I want to do.

Procrastination is a very common thing, and unrealistic though it may be to believe one can be productive every minute of the day - there is a lot that can be done that isn't. This translates as un-actualized potential and I believe it is the reason the world is in the current state it is in.

Few people have any claim to true happiness. On one side of the world it is because for all the material goods they own, they are spiritually void and unfulfilled; on the other side of the world it is because they are stricken daily with poverty, disease and calamities that our wealthy and privileged lives rarely face and can barely imagine.

In an effort to better myself by dispelling my ignorance and encouraging my charity, I will attempt to educate myself on one global issue every few days, starting today. I will use this blog as a tool of reflection about the issue of the day and I hope that this will inspire me to help in whatever way I can.

At least by informing myself, I can help raise awareness. A little further down the line, I hope I can do more than just that.

With God's help, I hope I can effect as much change for the better as a single person can in this world.

For a better world,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment